Nutrition and Diet Plan for Indoor Cyclist – An Extensive Guide
When it comes to doing your workout, naturally you would want to be able to support it with a good diet as well in order to get maximum benefits for your health. Although there are many people who spend a lot of their planning time only with their exercise routines, eating a balanced meal is the best way to pair it with.
The most common reason why people search for the most effective workout strategy would be to lose weight. In this day and age where there are just too many tempting foods to eat everywhere, we sometimes lose the discipline and just end up eating everything we see.
Why Indoor Cycling?
Indoor cycling has been proven by many to help reduce weight as well as tone your body and keeps you strong. This type of workout has many benefits when it comes to strengthening your body plus it makes you use your bike even inside the house.
This is also probably the reason why it has been one of the most popular exercise equipment for most health enthusiasts since they can do their workouts even in bad weathers.
Keep Yourself Hydrated All the Time
To best start with, always make sure that you have enough amount of water to drink before, during and after your workout. Before workout, a large glass of water would be enough to keep you fueled for the ride. Having too much prior to workout may lead you rushing all the time to the toilet to take a break which may interrupt your workout.
On the other hand, while riding your indoor bike, sipping on your bottle for every 10 or 15 minutes is ideal. This replaces the ones you lose when perspiring.
Lastly, after your workout, its best to take water or any other recovery drink that you prefer after the exercise. You may want to consider having coconut water for a healthier drink option as well. Also, you can try on some recovery shakes that you can do effortlessly at home.[thrive_icon_box color=’green’ style=’1′ image=’https://exercisebikereviewer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/download.jpg’]
Nutrition and Diet Plan
Planning a healthy meal is a must for everyone and not only for those who regularly workout. In fact, there is a high percentage that the diseases that most people suffer from are from the kinds of food they eat. The real secret to achieving a healthier body would be eating less. Less prepared foods and more of the natural ones; the simpler meals you eat; the better.
This means incorporating your diet plans with vegetables and fruits would be the best way to go. But how do we actually mix them all up together is the question.
This is why here is a simple guide on how you can start planning your diet meals.
- 2 Eggs with choice of bacon, toast or sausage
- Omelet with veggies, use egg whites only
- Greek yogurt with choice or fruits
- Peanut butter and banana sandwich
- 2 hardboiled eggs and fruits
- Salad with a choice of protein food, choose one from salmon, chicken, tuna or shrimp. Try to avoid dressings and cheese as much as possible.
- Veggie burger or lean beef burger and replace fries with fruits. Get rid of any other fried items as well as cheese for the usual topping.
- Chicken or Egg Salad with less mayo and try to make your own for much healthier options, add more veggies such as lettuce and kale.
- Nuts such as pistachios, peanuts and almonds
- Plain yogurt with fruits
- Veggies w/ pesto
- Some fruits
- Granola bars
- Crackers with cheese
- Plain popcorn
- For veggies, you can have them sautéed, steamed, baked, grilled or stir fry
- Roasted or baked potatoes
- Protein options – chicken, fish and beef
- Use fresh herbs to add flavors to your meal
- 7:00 AM – should be the right time to wake up provided you were able to sleep on time during the night. Having at least 2 glasses of warm water is recommended for everyone and not just for those who are planning to lose weight or does regular workout.
- 8:00 AM – have your healthy breakfast at this time. Remember to incorporate as much fruits and vegetables whenever you eat especially during breakfast.
- 10:00 AM – you may choose to have some light snacks such as crackers or a good cup of tea.
- 12:30 PM – would be your lunch time. Choose heavy foods but nutritious. For some, they may have done their workout already at this time. Make sure you give your body the food that is needed to recharge.
- 4:30 PM – snack time or tea time. Either way, make it light as you have to make way for dinner time.
- 7:30 PM – dinner time. As recommended, you can have proteins or veggies. You may also have clear soups to have sides.
As we use our body for work, exercise and some activities throughout the day, it is just right that we give ourselves the right amount of sleep that we need.
A person who lacks sleep most of the time not only tend to have less energy and out of focus the following day but is also prone to getting sick more often.
Being in bed early does not mean you have to be asleep right away. You may have some good books to read or a show to watch still, what’s important is that your body is able to rest.
As much as possible, we should be able to sleep around 10 in the evening. This is where our body repairs itself and helps us recover from our daily activities or even stress.
Making yourself healthy and strong gives you a lot of things to do and achieve. As we become older, it is natural for our body to age as well especially if we don’t exercise regularly. Save yourself from being sick and getting diseases by starting a simple workout routine with your indoor bike and later on realize the big change it can do for your health.
You can also save your time by ordering nutritional food items from online. They offer various dishes and food items according to your diet plans. You can check some home chief delivery service here. Even you can compare them.